[BETA RELEASE] XSplit VCam is now available for Mac OS! - May 10, 2021

Release - XSplit VCam for Mac OS 1.0.2105.0701 (External Beta)

Download the latest version here: https://xsplit.com/vcam
Release Notes: XSplit VCam MacOS External Beta 1.0.2105.0701 Release Notes

After installing XSplit VCam, make sure to restart your browser, streaming and video chat apps to discover XSplit VCam in the camera options. Please read the notes below carefully, and help us to improve by providing Feedback or Bug Reports for issues not yet listed below.

Minimum System Requirements

• 2013 or later macOS machines
  • macOS Mojave / Catalina / Big Sur (Intel)
  • Not yet compatible with Apple M1 machines (aka Apple Silicon or ARM based Mac’s)

Known Issues and Limitations

• Camera preview, ability to customize watermark, XSplit Connect Webcam support and several other features available in the PC version is not yet available on Mac (coming soon!)
  • If you reject camera permission on app launch, you may need to manually provide camera access in Security and Privacy settings to use your camera
  • VCam virtual camera may show a reddish tint when used with some apps (including OBS, Ecamm Live, Star Leaf, Twitch Studio)
  • VCam virtual camera doesn’t yet work with some apps (including Teams, WebEx and Wondershare Filmora X)
  • XSplit VCam is not compatible with web camera applications running in Safari browser

For bug reports, please use this form.

1 Like

Hi Team,

I am testing the vCam beta and it seems that it does not function on Big Sur 11.3.1 with Amazon Chime and Logitech BRIO. Have you run into this problem yet?

2 Likes

Hi @nikolabravo,

Can you further explain the issue you’re experiencing with Chime and Brio in VCam Mac?
If these cameras aren’t detected by VCam, please make sure that they are plugged into the computer’s own USB port.

Tested on MacOS Catalina v 10.15.7

• Did not find the virtual camera on two meeting apps I tested zoom, chime.
1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for the quick response. Virtual camera is not present, attached are the settings.Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 8.18.26 AM Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 8.17.32 AM

Hi. Tested the XSplit VCam on macOS Mojave using internal cam and A4tech webcam but there is no virtual camera present.

3 Likes

Has a solution been found for this? With 10.15.7 and the vcam beta, Zoom sees a virtual camera but Amazon Chime does not.

Would be awesome to see M1 support… Any roadmap estimates for this?

4 Likes

No background removal occurred in OBS Studio 27.0.1 installed on macOS Big Sur 11.4.

I did buy a lifetime licence of xSplit, because I wanted to use xSplit for a better virtual background function when using it with webex on my mac (the webex function for virtual background does not work properly - it uses too much processor time, my macbook pro i7 32MB 2020 freeezes some times when using a virtual webex background…) Now I am verx angry, because webex does not show xsplit as a cam…
How long will it take to get this item running with webex??

I would be happy about a version for Apple M1. Is there a roadmap for this?

2 Likes

Really need Amazon Chime, this is the standard virtual meeting Amazon support uses when working with customers. I am willing to be a beta tester for Chime if needed.

Really need Amazon Chime, this is the standard virtual meeting Amazon support uses when working with customers. I am willing to be a beta tester for Chime if needed. When I launch Chime the vCam does not appear as an option. I have confirmed privacty setting. Out side of Chime running independently it works like a champ. Looking forward to using it with Amazon Chime. Go Team XPLIT!!!

I want to +1 this thread. I test with Chime as well and xsplit vcam does not work.

Another vote from me to get it working with Chime.