Camera Not Available

Hi,

I have a Logitech C930e and when I load XSplit Vcam it says “Camera is not available”.

I have loaded Process Explorer and searched for the camera’s physical device id in all processes to see what is using the camera, but nothing is.

If I install alternative softwares such as SnapCam or ChromaCam, they work fine.

I am pretty sure the camera is available, but there is an issue with XSplit VCam.

Are there any logs that I can look into? Or can anyone provide assistance?

thanks,

Greg

Hello! Can I know what Webcam you’re using for VCam? And if your GPU Drivers are updated?

Logitech c930 and yes, drivers are latest.

I have a support request open now, so am hoping to get help in there. But if you have any ideas, I’m all ears!

Try and reconnect the webcam to the same USB port or to another USB port. Make sure that these USB ports are USB 3.0s as well for testing purposes.

That error message also implies that the webcam is being used by another software so try and make sure no other app is using the webcam as well as webcams only work with one app at any given time.

Let us know if any of these steps help!

1. Open VCam from tray, then try to switch between Remove / Original buttons (any change?)
  2. Open settings …from the menu and choose lowest settings + CPU and then refresh camera (any change?)

On top of this please provide the following (I know it is asking a lot, but lets try to solve the issue)

MSINFO32
https://www.xsplit.com/support/useful-tools/generating-an-msinfo32-file

Direct Show Graph Info (when you recreate the “camera not available” issue)

1. Go to VCam installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SplitmediaLabs\XSplit VCam\x64)
  2. Look for XSplitVCam.exe.config
  3. Right click on XSplitVCam.exe.config then select Edit or Open with Notepad
  4. Then add
  5. See image for reference https://321.show/pfxB8I80qF0
  6. Launch VCam and replicate the issue
  7. Once the issue has been replicated close VCam
  8. Go to D:\graph where the dump files are saved then send it to us.

Note that you can replace D:\graph with different location, depending on where you would like it to be automatically saved.
Then have the Graph Dump files uploaded in Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link.

Hi - I have already done this for the support guys.

Thanks - I have tried all this.

I have also verified that nothing else is using the camera as per the original post.

Yap, thanks , looking at the case now.

We pushed an update today for XSplit VCam that fixes the issue where VCam shows “Camera not available” even if camera source is connected and not consumed by another application.

Please download or update to the latest version - VCam 1.2.2004.2201

I have just installed this new update, but it has not fixed this issue for me.

Hi, it used to work well and now I have exactly the same issue with a C920. Updated as well to 1.2.2004.2201.
Works with any other software… can you please fix it asap…

Looks like 2 instances of Xsplit.bp.exe are running at the same time when I launch the app.

And actually I can see the webcam image (not blurred or not with any background) if I click on the greyed preview and hold the mouse button.
As soon as I release the mouse button the greyed screen comes back.

So looks like 100% software related

Hi, can you please support ? thanks

@xzwq3747 Can you provide us a screenshot of the VCam app showing the message when you select your webcam in it?

1.When I open Vcam the preview screens says the camera is not available for 2 seconds,
2. then the message goes away and is replaced by the grey-ish preview screen.
3. If I click and hold the mouse button I can see the camera picture. If i unhold it goes back to 2.

It used to work just fine in the past before the last updates.

Capture1
Capture2
Capture3

Can you please provide Any support ?

Apologies for the late reply, may I ask which version of VCam are you currently using? And, when set to original background does the same issue happen?

It happens directly when opening the software, regardless of any background.

Version 1.2.2004.2201, Front-end .2901

Thanks

@xzwq3747 Can you provide us the following information?

MSINFO32
https://www.xsplit.com/support/useful-tools/generating-an-msinfo32-file

Direct Show Graph Info (when you recreate the ssue)

1. Go to VCam installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SplitmediaLabs\XSplit VCam\x64)
  2. Look for XSplitVCam.exe.config
  3. Right click on XSplitVCam.exe.config then select Edit or Open with Notepad
  4. Then add
  5. See image for reference https://321.show/pfxB8I80qF0
  6. Launch VCam and replicate the issue
  7. Once the issue has been replicated close VCam
  8. Go to D:\graph where the dump files are saved then send it to us.

Note that you can replace D:\graph with different location, depending on where you would like it to be automatically saved.
Then have the Graph Dump files uploaded in Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link.

Thanks, here you go : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a3QupLJ3vE2boz-LbRAYCTqQF5fFoIBZ