Changing Backgrounds Using Scenes

Hi, I am new to XSplit VCam and OBS and am trying to figure out the best way to set up and automate background screen changes. I have all the background images saved that I want to use during my video chat sessions, but am not sure how to automate the transition process from background to background. I wonder if I could use the OBS Scenes feature to do this, or if there is a better way. Here’s what I’d like to be able to do:
Start off each video chat session with a custom logo background, then after the session gets rollling, I would like to transition to a fixed pre-selected background that will be used for most of the session, or be prompted to choose one of the background scenery images that I have saved. During the closing of the video chat session, I would like to display a signoff screen (fixed image).
Is any or all of this possible, using the capabilities of XSplit VCam, and OBS, or owuld I need additional tools to be able to do this?

1 Like

Hi there!

Based on your use-case, a good method is adding VCam directly onto OBS’ scenes as you mentioned. :slight_smile:

On the VCam program, you can set it to “Remove” and add it onto OBS.
As for the background images, you can add it as a separate source on OBS and arrange the sources so that the VCam camera is on top of the images.