Different kind of watermarks (free licence)

Hi,

I’ve tried VCam with some friends.
We are all using the free version (no licence).
I understand that there will be a watermark with this setup.

My problem is that I can see two kind of watermarks.
My friends are having a small watermark on top left of the screen (small text written horizontally), whereas I’m having a huge watermark in the whole screen (text written diagonally).
I’ve tried to upload a picture to show the difference, but I can’t upload a picture in the topic.

Can you explain this difference of watermarks please?

Regards,
Florian

Here is the picture showing the difference of watermarks:

On left, my friends watermark (top left), on right mine (diagonally, on the whole screen).

Hi there, the left image shows the latest/updated watermark in VCam while the right side shows the older watermark. May I ask which version of VCam is your friend using? Can you have your friend update to the latest version?

Hello, I’ve not understood completely.
Which version is the most up to date ? The left one or the right one ?
Left is my friend, right is me.

What’s strange is that we are using the same version :
2.0.2010.2901 (Front-end: 2.0.2010.3002 / Driver: 1.0.2009.1502)
bb59ea8a640c441095e28beaa3ce77ac

That should be the latest version, can you have your friend delete the cefcache folder found here * C:\ProgramData\SplitMediaLabs\XSplit VCam

Does that mean that the “right” watermark is the one written on the whole screen diagonally ? I prefer the one written on top left … :slight_smile:
Thanks for your time

Yes, the correct watermark is the one in the first image you showed. VCam was updated so that the watermark just shows in a part of the webcam, rather than showing several watermarks across the screen.

Does it still display like that after closing VCam, deleting the cefcache folder from your C:\ProgramData\SplitMediaLabs\XSplit VCam directory, then restarting VCam?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I stopped VCam, deleted cefcache folder in C:\ProgramData\SplitMediaLabs\XSplit VCam and then restarted VCam and the result is still the same: The “repeating diagonal” watermark instead of the “top left” one.

Sorry to hear that the issue persist, can you generate a Debugview log file for us?

Here is how:

1. Download Debugview here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview

2. Unzip the Debugview file that was downloaded.

3. Launch Debugview.exe and XSplit VCam as administrator

4. Replicate the issue

Once the issue has been replicated, saved the Debugview log as .txt then send it to us

For the record, I performed a troubleshooting session with the online support (website chat). Thanks Paul for his time.
I forwared him the Debugview log file so he could analyze it.
We couldn’t found the cause of the issue. They will forward to the developers for further investigation and send me update when they have more info.

Hi @florian.morgan, please restart your VCam (make sure you’re using the latest VCam version 2.0.2011.1701), and see if you’re still getting the multiple VCam logo watermark.

Hi,

It works now.
Thanks.
I don’t know what changed.

Florian