Getting Started & FAQ’s - New to VCam? Start here!

If you’re new to the app then this is a great place to hang out! Talk about all things XSplit VCam.

Getting Started

Note: Please check them out first before creating a thread since there’s a good chance your question is answered in any of those pages.

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ: Can I use XSplit VCam with Skype?

Yes, you can select XSplit VCam as your camera in Skype under Audio & Video settings.

ezgif-6-6493d5b7f1bb

Click here for detailed instructions on how to use XSplit VCam with Skype.

FAQ: Can I use XSplit VCam with OBS?

Yes, you can add XSplit VCam as a Video Capture Device source in OBS Studio.

ezgif-6-ca2e604b3fe8

Click here for detailed instructions on how to use XSplit VCam with OBS Studio.

FAQ: Can I use XSplit VCam with Discord?

Yes, you can select XSplit VCam as your camera in Discord under Voice & Video settings.

ezgif-6-7f32fe02c3ce

Click here for detailed instructions on how to use XSplit VCam with Discord.

FAQ: How do I add XSplit VCam on video chat software?

You can add XSplit VCam as your camera on different video chat software such as Skype, Discord, Google Hangouts and WeChat.

Click the video chat software you are using from the list below to learn how to add VCam as your camera.

FAQ: Can I use XSplit VCam for free?

Yes, XSplit VCam can be used by Free License users and you’ll have access to all the background removal and replacement features. The only difference with the Free License is that there will be a watermark appearing on your camera feed and you will not be able to use content created with VCam for commercial use.

FAQ: Should I upgrade to a VCam license or Premium license?

Upgrading to a VCam license allows you to use XSplit VCam without a watermark appearing on your camera feed, and use content created with VCam for commercial use.

Upgrading to a Premium license allows you to use XSplit VCam for the same features that VCam license offers, as well as giving you premium access for other XSplit applications.

Click here to see the feature comparison of a Free and Premium license for XSplit Applications.

FAQ: Does XSplit VCam send audio?

No, XSplit VCam only gets the video feed from your selected camera.