Google hangout failure

hey guys…

I’ve been unable to get xsplit vcam working with google hangouts, if I have the xsplit software open google hangout fails to find the camera and if I don’t it’s not on option i nthe drop down like the instructions states

Help!

2 Likes

Hey, we were looking in to something similar yesterday. Could you by any chance try out something like Firefox and let me know if you see the same issues on Hangouts?

Any updates? Same issue here.

So we’re working on a longer term solution where rather than using virtual camera, we’ll be using a different method where it will act more like a virtual camera. The bug/issue only seems to occur on Google Chrome (and probably other users that are based on Chrome) right now so I don’t think there’s much we can do about it at this moment in time. However, if you could try out Firefox browser and let me know if you see the same issues there.

Hi

It still doesn’t work with Chrome but with Firefox. But the quality of cam (Logitech stream cam) and background is really bad. I’m disappointed because I bought a license for nearly 50 $ today, expecting, that it works properly. But it doesn’t. The “available” backgrounds disappear as soon as one selects them as background. Info of xsplit: Picture is not longer available…

I use several background pictures in high quality which work wonderfully in Zoom. But the xsplit stream as camera source is really awful.

What a pity!