GOTY - What is your favorite new game of 2019?

2019 has been a pretty great year for new releases with games like Apex Legends, Resident Evil 2, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Mortal Kombat 11, The Outer Worlds and Control.

Curious what has been your favorite of 2019, whether new or one you have only just discovered for the first time this year.

1 Like

A controversial one I think but as much as I rage and hate it at times, I’m enjoying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Always been a fan of the COD series but i’ve only enjoyed one or two since COD4. Their recent microtransaction model has been abysmal and I’m happpy to see that resolved (so far) in the newest installment that makes maps and weapons available to everyone and the only paid content is a battle pass.

Destiny 2 had a new lease of life too and same for No Man’s Sky. So even though I had played them before, they sort of came in to their own this year.

3 Likes

I played about 30 hours of Fortnite after the End of the World event, thank god for Bots! I could actually play it!

Did Apex come out this year? If so, that as well, got really in to that over the summer. Give me more of that Titanfall 2 vibe please!

Ape Out was a big game for me in 2019, LOVE that game and was glad it was finally out on Switch!

2 Likes

Definitely Disco Elysium, never have I played a cRPG with as much depth and care to character conversations.

Even though you don’t get to create your character, no other game gets you to adjust your thoughts/configure how your brain works as extensively as this one.

3 Likes