How do i prioritise XSplit brodcaster on my network connection?

I’m having issues with xsplit brodcaster, if anybody else in my house hold is uploading or online gaming etc it seems to be xsplit that losses the the connection speeds and it falls way down and causes loss of frames etc. How can I keep xsplit at a steady connection regardless of what other people in my house hold are doing online ? I think obs had an optimize network button but every time i used it it just would crash the obs program and was never able to get that working that was why i moved to xsplit in the first place. But I need an option to make sure that my connection stays stable through my stream without having to ask people in my house not to be uploading or doing stuff online. Has anybody else found a way to solve this issue or any ideas ?

1 Like

Are you connected to the Internet using WiFi or wired connection? We recommend using wired connection as WiFi may be less stable and reliable with more users. Try to connect your device directly to your router on a wired connection then run an upload speed test at https://testmy.net/.

1 Like

I’m connected through an ethernet cable. Issue is once somebody else starts to online game or use any upload stuff it takes priority over the xsplit broadcast and then i get dropped frames etc. JUst trying to figure out if there is a way to prioritize Xsplit so that it gets the upload speed it needs first before anybody else using the internet in my home.

1 Like

Because the users are on other PC’s on the network, you can check if your router has QoS (Quality of Service) options. If you google your router model and QoS, you should be able to find out if this is possible.

1 Like