How to stop exposure from changing

I have manually setup my vcam exposure to match my lighting, but it is constantly getting reset when I make any change in my meeting software. It does not seem to matter what the product is, Teams, GotoMeeting or Skype. My past settings for exposure are reset to automatically and I have to manually switch them back to manual. Any ideas how to keep the settings intact?

Hi there, on VCam click on the gear icon in the upper right corner just beside your camera selection to open up the camera settings. On this settings window look into exposure and make sure it is not set to auto.

I think you misunderstand. It is that check box that keeps changing. I set it to manual and when I turn on the camera in the meeting the check box is switched back to auto.

I see, thank you for the clarification. Have you tried changing this directly on the webcam app? Since this settings are from your webcam. May I also ask which webcam are you using?

AVerMedia CAM 313 Live

I do not use the app that came with it. I only use vcam.

I see, have you tried using AVerMedia CAM 313 Live on other application to see if you would have the same issue where the camera settings is not being saved?

I’d like to add that I have the same problem - meeting software (e.g. Zoom) resets/modifies the camera settings.
Vcam should offer a “locked mode” switch. When locked, any requests for changes (exposure, resolution, …) by software outside Vcam should be ignored. Vcam should then be the only software that can open the webcam’s settings dialog.
That’s the beauty of a virtual cam between a meeting software and the actual hardware cam.

I use vcam because the manufacturers’ software is generally limited. I would think it would be easy to have a feature that locks the exposure settings when I use vcam. I assumed it would do this when I first got it, but unfortunately I was using it with a DSLR at the time where I set the exposure settings directly on the camera. I have the problem now that I have switched to a typical webcam that does not have such settings directly on the device.