Input Lag While Streaming/Recording The Division 2

I’ve been having an issue only when I try to play Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 while recording/streaming with Broadcaster. Every time I do the lag becomes completely unplayable. Movements take 3-4 seconds to show up. I walk into walls because I’m not moving/turning at all.

Thus far The Division 2 is the only game I’ve run into this issue on. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so have you found a fix for it?

Specs:
Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi)
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16
Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (boot)
Inland Premium 2TB M.2 (games)
Seasonic Prime TX 1000
Custom loop

Very strange, could you see if disabling/turning off the in-game HUD has any impact? Can be disabled from the General tab of settings in XSplit Broadcaster.

Does it happen if not recording/streaming? How about if you disable Game Source from General app settings and try using window/screen capture?

Also things that would be good to know

• Graphics Card Driver Version
  • XSplit Broadcaster version

My apologies for taking so long to reply. Been a long and busy week.

I finally got to sit down and test these suggestions and neither disabling the in-game HUD or switching to window capture resolved the issue. I also tried both suggestions at the same time with the same results. The issue is worse when streaming over recording. It also does not occur when not streaming/recording, even with Broadcaster open.

I also wanted to make sure I tested with both AMD graphics driver versions 21.1.1 and 21.2.1 as I was on 21.1.1 at the time of original writing and the issue is still continuing under both driver versions. Current Broadcaster version is 4.0.2007.2911.

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but I am using software (x264) encoding with these extra encoder parameters for streaming: &ex:threads=16&ex:rc-lookahead=60&ex:trellis=1&ex:aq-mode=1&ex:direct-pred=spatial

For recording I use the AMD HVCE.

Extra settings in the Radeon Software stack that I have enabled as well: Virtual Super Resolution, Radeon Anti-Lag, Radeon Enhanced Sync, Radeon Image Sharpening, FreeSync Premium. Though a few of these were accidentally turned off during my test of 21.2.1 driver as I forgot to go into the software to turn them on, but having those features turned off didn’t make any difference.

When you say the issue is worse when streaming over recording. Does that mean the issue is still more than noticeable when recording? Given that the issue happens when using x264 and doesn’t happen as much when using AMD VCE, sounds like the issue is potentially with too much CPU being used. I suppose you could try streaming using AMD VCE and see if you get the same performance issue.