New update doesn't work with LogiCapture?

Hi, so for the last several months I have been able to tell XsplitVcam to get the feed from my LogiCapture program but this new update 2.0.2008.2201 it suddenly doesn’t work? It asks me to shut LogiCapture down.

I like using Logicapture as it as multiple features, I only really use Vcam to put in a background and set my LogiCapture to use vcam.

I guess the main question is if something happened with this last update that stops this connection? and if so is it at all possible to download the previous vcam update anywhere?

1 Like

Please see Logi Capture not available as input to VCam

I have the exact same problem.

Hi! Please see this link for more info regarding this

1 Like

i was likewise surprised and disappointed that the upgrade to v2 broke my process to record videos.

Hi,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this issue? I have reviewed the forum link posted in gazreyn’s post above, but that describes the reverse situation (i.e. that link describes trying to use logicapture as a soruce in xsplit vcam). What I am trying to do is load xsplit vcam as the source in LogiCapture (as I used to be able to do prior to the most recent update and as Logitech describe in a video with youtube and a booklet with the camera) but it no longer appears as a source in LogiCapture.

Many thanks for any pointers!

I had the same issue. I uninstalled the latest version of Xsplit and reinstalled the previous so it was able to work as a source in Logicapture. This really is a bummer, since the improvements in the newer version of Xsplit were good. I hope they are able to fix this issue fast to be able to install once again the newer version.

Hi guys! The new version of VCam utilizes the kernel driver instead of directshow. This is the reason why Logicapture is unable to recognize VCam 2.0 as a source unlike before.

Do not worry, as our devs are looking into this. We’ll let you know once we have an update. In the meantime, you may download and install VCam 1.2 which will work with Logicapture https://xspl.it/vcam/v1.2 (please uninstall version 2.0 first before installing this one, and vice-versa)

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this response!