[RELEASE] VCAM PTR - Aug 10, 2020

PTR Release - 2.0.2008.0701

Download the PTR here: https://www.xsplit.com/vcam/ptr

Our Latest Improvements:

• SECONDARY HARDWARE FOR ACCELERATION lets you select an additional device to help VCam perform its magic, while reducing resource usage (usually you will want to stick to the automatic configuration)

• A BUNCH OF FIXES VCam sometimes shows a choppy feed, blur returns to default value on restart, last virtual camera image is shown on application restart, and a lot more

Notes:

• We recommend uninstalling your previous VCam version before installing the PTR version.

Release Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRIHLxWhP6EoqjaHeGwQWSD9jMXVeb3DUo7vSeolsg8ssptgA80HoH1n8U-vLFDQuDrdVga0R7PMO0U/pub

For ideas and suggestions, please use https://ideas-xvc.xsplit.com

1 Like

After I upgraded to this PTR release I was unable to select Vcam as a source inside Logitech Capture. I uninstalled the PTR and re-installed the older version and it worked fine. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but wanted to post in case anyone else was having the same issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @yesdeleon, it seems the VCam hardware driver cannot be detected by Logi Capture. We will work with Logitech to try to resolve this issue. :slight_smile:

Hi @cheesyrambo! Thanks for replying. It also appears that the new version doesn’t work with Google Chrome either. I was not able to use Vcam in a Google Meet video call yesterday but the older version works fine. For now I’ve reverted to the older version.

1 Like

Hi @yesdeleon, what windows OS are you using? Can you try in other apps if you’re able to see VCam in the cameras list?

Crashes constantly. I had to downgrade back to the working version. It used nearly 100% of my CPU. It could run but once I tried to insert it into any meeting app it froze. It is an HP laptop running windows 10 pro, 8GB RAM Core i7-3540M 3 GHz 2 cores. Not a gaming PC but seems like it should be able to run camera software. The update did do a better job differentiating me from background, but the old one actually works.

i have the same issuse with new version, but older version work fine.
im using windows 7 64bit.

WTF … this beta gives me much more better results than the actual 1.xxxx version. In the past I was using xsplit as a nice gadget for private usage because the background removal was not as good as I want for business use. Today (especially now) I tried out the ptr-beta at night with bad lightning situation (of course with artificial light from led-tubes) and even under this condition it is much more better than the actual 1.xxxx version. Thanks a lot … subscription is granted.

1 Like

@rajivkanthi Please try the latest PTR version -> [RELEASE] VCAM PTR - Aug 25, 2020

We have fixed an issue with installer when OS is Windows 8.1 and below.
Please uninstall VCam first. Then go to Device Manager -> Imaging Devices. If you see an XSplit VCam there, then right-click and select uninstall driver. Then install new version.

1 Like

@beckylrichardson
We have improved our calibration and automatic settings starting on version VCam PTR 2.0.2008.1803. Please try our latest version -> [RELEASE] VCAM PTR - Aug 25, 2020. Let me know if the latest version resolves the crash issue.

1 Like