VCam doesn't like my white hair!

As soon as I drop the background out, my hair goes wild. It looks like unruly hair on a windy day. I have light from a shaded lamp on my desk and an overhead incandescent. Face looks good; if I use the right (LIGHT but not too grey) shirt that part’s fine…but the hair’s a bummer. Ideas? Thanks!!

Hello! Take note that wispy hair will be hard to detect since it’s very fine. If ever your hair is light, contrast it with a darker background, and the other way around if your hair is dark. Let me know if this alleviates some symptoms!

I do appreciate your trying to help…but I downloaded a very dark texture wood…and then created an all-black JPG in Photoshop. My hair still goes wild! HELP!!!

Hi @ljaygould, VCam does the background removal on your original background. You can try to setup your actual background to dark or light, as long as it gives a clear distinction between you and the background. You can check this link for some guidelines : How to sharpen the face of presenter in a virtual background?

We’ve just rolled out our 2.0 Beta version with improved background removal AI. You can try the Adaptive Filter option which improves the segmentation of hands and objects. May also help by trying out different hardware acceleration settings and setting quality to highest.

You can find the 2.0 installer here VCam 2.0 Beta is here! 2x Improved AI / Hardware Driver Installation / Image and Video Background Configuration.