XSplit Broadcaster 4.0 is finally here! It’s been a considerable amount of time since our last public release (Sorry, but it’s worth it ;)). We’ve been regularly updating the Public Test Release (PTR) with the latest and greatest features but the time has come to make them available for everyone.
You can download the latest version of XSplit Broadcaster here - https://www.xsplit.com/broadcaster or click “Help > Check for Updates” inside the app.
- Updated UI - As we aim to make big improvements apps UI, we’ve made some initial adjustments that we’ll expand on overtime including new shiny stream and record buttons and the ability to resize the sources and scenes list.
- Audio DSP Effects - The road to audio improvement is a long one, but with this update you can now apply compression, EQ effects, and more. We’ll continue to work on improving our audio features.
- Multiple Recording Profiles - Create additional recording profiles to target different scenes and adjust encoding settings. Useful if you want to record a clean feed of your camera or game without additional overlay assets.
- Improved Extensions - With extensions such as macros becoming staples of many broadcasts, it was a pain to remember to launch them every time you opened the app. Extensions will now restore to their last state including position and the ability to run in the background.
- Playout Improvements - You can now specify the scene you want to playout via NDI or DeckLink. With additional transparency options for NDI to improve performance.
- Per Scene Lighting - Adjust your Elgato Key Lights on the fly when switching scenes without the need of additional buttons or key preses. Useful when you’re on scenes that don’t need lighting such as those without cameras.
- Macros Extension - Import and export macros! New triggers have been added for outputs, audio sensitivity and switching scenes. Also made custom scripts more user friendly when supplying custom data.
Full list of patch notes can be found here
For general discussion then you can use our forums