YouTube streaming error "Format is required"

From today we are receiving “Format is required” error when trying to stream to YouTube using latest version of Xsplit Broadcaster (v3.9.1912.1008)

Have tried from different computers, removing Youtube output and putting back, re-authorising, reinstalling the YouTube plugin etc.

Anybody else seeing this error ?

I’m suspecting YouTube have changed something on their end.

1 Like

I am seeing the same issue on same software version, everything worked last time ( May 20th) not today.

2 Likes

I am seeing same message “Format is required.”

Because of that I had to cancel my streaming tonight.

1 Like

Oh well, at least it’s good to know it’s not just us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same issue here. Thought it was me.

Hi guys! Our devs are working to fix this issue right now. We’ve been getting reports from users unable to stream using the Youtube Live Output on Broadcaster.

A workaround known to work for some users is to use Custom RTMP for the time being. Here’s how: https://www.xsplit.com/broadcaster/manual/broadcast/custom-rtmp

We’re doing what we can to know what is causing this issue to happen. Thank you for your patience and understanding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any update??? We appreciate the work and information you have provided so far!

Hi there, got an update that this should be fixed! According to the devs, they recommend re-logging in the program to get the update/fix and then restart Broadcaster to apply the fix.