Zoom as a source?

Hey all - new to all of this (thanks stay-at-home orders…). Looking to take a Zoom call (or similar platform, Meet, etc) and use it as a source on XSplit for a FB live, but struggling to find a reliable way to do so. Any suggestions or anyone who can point me in the right direction to a tutorial or something? Much appreciated!

Hi there, you can use XSplit Broadcsater to do so then capture the Zoom feed using Screen Capture through Add Source > Screen Capture in XSplit Broadcaster

Will that pull in the audio as well? Or do I need a different set up.

And is that likely to work well or should I expect a lot of latency being amplified through the stream? I was hoping for a more direct connection.

If Zoom is on the same PC and you have the system sound device in XSplit Broadcaster set to the same device where you hear the zoom audio (i.e. headphones) then the audio will also be picked up. I believe

Zoom are also looking at adding NDI support which will allow you to add participants directly in XSplit Broadcaster as an NewTek NDI source - https://devforum.zoom.us/t/ndi-support/1679/11

Thanks. I’ll play with it and see what I can figure out.

What were your results?

Too much lag. Wasn’t worth trying to do until they can get sort of native support working. Ended up just skipping XSplit and pusing directly from Zoom, unfortunately.